If your temporary or permanent staffing agency isn’t getting orders from potential clients or receiving resumes from qualified candidates, start by taking a long hard look at your contract staffing company website. Keeping online content fresh and relevant is important for getting found in search engine results pages. The benefits of having updated Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn social media accounts cannot be ignored because candidates and clients alike are on these platforms as well.
The 2014 TSE Summit hosted by The Staffing Edge, saw Matt Cook, CEO of Salesforce give a very informative workshop on “The Future of Selling” and how it’s changed over the last few years. His presentation gave some amazing statistics on staffing industry marketing strategies and how it affects selling in today’s technology based world.
Interesting Statistics from Matt Cook's Workshop “The Future of Selling” presentation offered at the 2014 TSE Summit:
- The average internet user views 2750 web pages per month
- 46% of daily internet searches are for information on products and services
- 60% of the traditional sales process has disappeared because of the internet
- Companies that blog generate 67% more leads than companies that don’t
- Customers are well educated on a product or service before engaging the seller
- Customers want control over the buying process. Selling has changed!
- Facebook currently has over 1 Billion users
- Twitter has over 650 Million users. Half of active users follow brands, companies and products
- LinkedIn has over 300 Million users
Outbound Marketing is out, Inbound Marketing is in!
Average cost per lead = $363
Average cost per lead = $143
SEO / SEM
Free Tools / Trials
Traditional selling methods no longer have the impact that they once did. Buyers are not interested in day to day interruptions from cold calls and unsolicited information. They want to lead the way to finding a new vendor to partner with when they are ready to do so. This is why your website is one of the most important marketing tools you have. Ensure that it’s optimized from a search engine perspective and offer free, relevant information to your customers.
These leads then have to be nurtured by sending out even more pertinent information and giving them a reason to visit your staffing agency’s website time and time again. These leads will be much more likely to contract your services when they are ready rather than you contacting them via cold calls. Although this can seem quite daunting, the results cannot be denied.